Tuesday, December 09, 2008

GCC 4.3.2 Compilation and OpenMP

 

In order to try OpenMP3.0, I had been trying to install gcc-4.3.2 on an x86_64 Linux box without any luck. I got the following error in building gcc-4.3.2

/usr/bin/ld: crti.o: No such file: No such file or directory

It turns out that I need 32bit libc for cross-compilation which I can’t install since I’m not a superuser. The workaround is to disable this feature by using “--disable-multilib” option as follow:

./configure –-disable-multilib
make

After installation, if you meet the following error in compiling OpenMP file:

gcc: libgomp.spec: No such file or directory,

find libgomp.spec under /path/to/gcc/lib64 and make a symbolic link under /path/to/gcc/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.3.2 (See [2])

Reference:
[1] gcc-help mailing list
[2] OpenMP in 30 Minutes