Monday, March 12, 2007

Status Report for 03/08/07 to 03/14/07

1. User Interface using JavaScript
I have been trying to improve user interface of st_filter, mostly focusing on using JavaScript and I found that a few useful sites:
  • Yahoo UI: A few ready-to use components such as calendar and dialog box. A few basic tools for developing UI are also available such as event handling and DOM.
  • JavaScript Image Cropper UI: If one need to handle images, this tool might be helpful. A very handy script to make an image cropper.
  • script.aculo.us : You can make lots of effects on objects in HTML.
  • Prototype: A framework. I was surprised how JavaScript is complicated and can be improved by applying OOP and functional programming language concept. More details on JavaScript as a programming language can be found in here . Especially video clips by Douglas Crockford are my recommendation.

2. st_filter portlet
I’ve started to convert standalone st_filter web application into a portlet. I’ve encountered a few problems but I think it can be solved soon. I will put some summary in the next post.

3. Workflow mapping in Grids
I discussed with Yili about gathering information from Network Weather Service and GPIR to schedule workflow. Although simple information can be obtainable, more complicated and detail information is hard to get. I will look over again beyond documentation and look at the source code, if possible.

No comments: